This will not disappoint you I promise, well if you like mushrooms that is. This mushroom risotto is a cheats way, so easy, so tasty and it is full of goodness. If you make this I would love to know your thoughts tag me in your photos #WorkingGirlLife #PlantBasedNutrition
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you follow my journey you will know that I decided to follow a plant based lifestyle when I was going through chemotherapy. It has been amazing for me in many ways and I have learnt to cook all over again, I’ve never eaten so well. I know through chemo food is tough, some days you don’t want to eat a thing and other days you crave food mainly carbs, for me deciding to focus on plant based nutrition I managed my food choices well. This meal right here is full of good stuff and it will curb those carb cravings whilst getting good stuff back into your body, I know first hand how chemo strips you of your own goodness, food for me was the way to rebuild after each infusion, it also gave me great focus, doing something good for me by me…..I really really hope my recipes can help others going through this period.
I have Linked some of the ingredients so they are easier to find
Creamy Mushroom Risotto – Plant Based/Vegan
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Liquid Aminos
- 250g Brown Rice Cooked (I used the microwave rice, I skip the microwave part and cook through un the pan)
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tsp Bouillon
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary
- 125ml Oat Cream
- 20g Porcini Mushrooms (Get this ready before hand, soak in boiling water for 20 mins, drain and press any water out of them)
- 140g Chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp water
- Lots of Black Pepper (to taste)
- Saute the onions and garlic in the coconut oil for 3 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the mushrooms, peas, Rice, Liquid Aminos, nutritional yeast, Bouillon, Rosemary, black pepper and the water, stir together and leave for 5 minutes on low heat,
- Stir in the Oat Cream and add the spinach to the top, leave for a couple minutes then stir in the spinach.
- THEN get tucked in, it’s good to go.
If you make this for yourself and you manage not to eat 2 servings to yourself like I did….place in a container and once cool place in the fridge, Eat the next day just heat up slowly in a pan, if you like add more greens to it like broccoli and more spinach.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: Serves 2