This cake is so easy to make and its nice to use strawberries to add to that sweetness. This cake is quite dense but tastes great, I have topped mine with cashew butter but honestly you can leave this stage out to and top With whipped coconut yoghurt and strawberries which ever you prefer, or whichever you have more time for.
I really hope you like it if you give it a whirl let me know what you think. This cake is Plant Based, Vegan and Gluten free. Plant based life is pretty cool as you get to cook with so many more ingredients those which you may not have even thought to use before. Grab yourself a cuppa, sit down, chill out and EAT CAKE.
Strawberry Cake : Plant Based/Vegan
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Flaxeggs (1 Flaxegg = 1 Tbsp Flaxseed, 3 Tbsp Water)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Self Raising Flour flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Topioca
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk mixed with 1 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 Tsp Vanila extract
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- Cacao Cashew Frosting
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for 20 mins)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (separated from a tin of coconut milk)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp Arrowroot
- 3 Tbsp Cacao
- 1 Tbsp water
- Put the Cashews in hot water and leave to one side for 20 minutes or longer if you have time.
- Line an 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper and set the oven to 180oc.
- Make the 2 Flax eggs and leave to one side
- Place the Stawberries, Melted coconut oil, Vanilla extract, Almond Milk with the apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar into a blender, give a quick blend until smooth.
- In a bowl place the Flours, baking powder and tapioca then add the wet ingredients from the blender, add the flax eggs and mix together. Place the mixture into the pan and place in the oven for 35-40 mins, check the mixture is cooked through by using a knife in the centre. Once cooked leave to cool before adding the frosting.
- Cacao Frosting
- Drain the cashews and place these in a blender, add the remainder of the ingredients and blitz untill smooth, if you feel the consistency is too thick and not smooth enough add another Tbsp or so of water. Then once complete spread on top of the cake.
- You can dust with more cacao powder or add extra strawberries to the top. I like to leave this cake in the fridge then when you want to share bring it out for 10 minutes or so.
- Don’t waste the remainder of the coconut water from the can, place in fridge and cook up some coconut rice for dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 10
Love Sarah xxx