This Banana Loaf will not disappoint, it is gluten free and Vegan. It’s moist and the frosting tastes like you are being naughty when you really aren’t. It’s a great loaf to share with friends. The frosting is made with Pecans and Walnuts, the date syrup adds that sweetness and just adds that little something to a simple Banana loaf. If you aren’t a baker this cake is for you …it is so easy to make. I really hope you enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in omg Instagram I love reading your comments and seeing your photos.
This is so easy to make, just prep the ingredients and you are good to go
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Maca Powder
- Wet Ingredients
- 4 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 4 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 6 Tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 2 Flaxeggs (2 Tbsp milled Flaxseed 6 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 4 Tbsp Date Syrup
- 6 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Extra Topping
- You can top with dried bananas, walnuts, pecans, cacao whatever you chose, mix it up to your taste.
- You will need a loaf tin, 17 x 9 x 9cm
- Make the flax eggs by combining the water and milled flaxseed, place In the fridge until ready to use.
- Lightly grease the loaf tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix the Wet Ingredients in a separate bowl
- Then combine together until mixed through
- Place in you loaf tin and place in oven for about 1 hour, I like to check at 50 mins that all is ok A fine skewer inserted in the centre of the cake should come out clean if it still needs a little time put back in for the last 10 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking make the frosting.
- Place all of the frosting ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. If too thick add another tbsp almond milk, however we need this to be thick enough to spread as frosting. Place the mixture into the fridge until ready to use.
- Take the loaf out of the oven when baked and leave on the side to cool. Once cool spread the frosting on the top and sprinkle with Pecans and walnuts, I added cacao nibs too.
I like to leave mine a room temperature but you can leave in the fridge for 3 days, however before you want to eat it take it out for an hour or so as it can be too cold straight from the fridge. Enjoy