I made these the other day and served with Spaghetti and tomato sauce, they were so tasty, the following day I had them in a salad, and also snacked on a couple. I put the rest in the freezer they are so versatile. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. They are quick and easy to make as you’ll find out, another great idea was to serve these as a starter with a creamy hummus dip.
Black Bean & Lenti Falafels
- Food processor or blender
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- 1 Can Black beans Drained
- 1 Can Green Lentils Drained
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour Plain Flour can be used also
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 crushed vegetable stock cube
- 8 Sundried Tomatoes Drained from the oil
- 1 tsp Onion Granules
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Set the oven to 180C then simply add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender, blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Using an icecream scoop, use one scoop for each falafel roll the mixture into balls. You can use a little water on your hands if you are finding the mixture stick to them.
- Place the falafels on a baking tray with parchment paper and place in the oven
- bake for 30 mins checking on them half way
- Either serve striaght away with pasta and a tomato sauce for meatless balls, or enjoy as a starter with a dip of choice. Or leave to cool on the side and You can store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze them.