Here are my deliciously nutritious & warming Sweet potato Jackets. They are so easy and the great thing about these recipes is that if you don’t use it all you can use them in so Many other ways also.
These are great if you have friends and family over and a winner for kids too. A perfect Monday meal, as any left overs can be used for the following days lunches.
THE SWEET POTATO JACKETS
For the sweet potatoes pick as many as you need, simply Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7, pierce each potato with a knife a couple times and put them baking tray roast for 45 mins or until tender all the way through when pierced with a knife.
Here below are some recommendations for the toppings, you can choose just one if you prefer, but like I said before I like to make them all up and store any leftovers in the fridge for future meals. They are all super easy and real tasty. I hope you enjoy.Print
Jackfruit is full of goodness and super for abdorbing flavours making this such a tasty dish.
- 1 can Jackfruit (Drained)
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 10 Cherry tomatos (halfed)
- Shred the jackfruit Into pieces and place to one side. Add the onion & garlic to a pan with a splash of water, fry for 3 mins, add in the remaining ingredients, place on a low heat &allow to cook through in a pan with lid on for 15 minutes. You can also add this in to an oven proof pan and oven bake for 25 mins. Ready to serve up.
- Category: lunch, Main Course
Avocado crema is so easy and can top so many dishes, it's great with the smokey tomato jackfruit, with chili sin carne, used as a salad dressings, pasta sauce and so much more.
- 1 Clove Garlic (peeled)
- 2 Ripe avocados (halved and pitted)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix together. Done 🙂
Refried beans are a healthy side dish to serve along with any Mexican meal. They are great as a dip or like i have served them here with sweet potato jackets. They are high in protein and are great in wraps , sandwiches, tacos which makes it ideal to make a big batch up and use throughout the week. So simple, so easy and so tasty.
Also great on cracker breads with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce fresh sliced tomatoes and rocket.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh corriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Add the onion & garlic to a pan, cook on medium heat for 3 mins, add the remaining ingredients apart from the coriander, lime juice & water. Stir through on low heat for another 3 mins. Add this mixture to a blender and the lime juice, water & coriander. Ready to go.
This may freak you out with the three different recipes but I promise you they are all so so easy. if you give this meal a go please share as I would love to see your photos and hear what you thought
Love Sarah Nourish Flourish Me