Here I am going to show you how to create an amazing flavoured vegan winter ready chill with sweet potato fries and vegan naan bread or pitas in one pot using less oil and using less of your time thanks to the Ninja Foodi MAX 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker 7.5L (OP500UKDBBL)
THE VEGAN CHILLI
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Liquid smoke
- 200g roasted peppers plus 3 Tbsp water blended in a food processor.
- 1 400g tin tomatoes
- 2 Tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 300 ml Vegetable stock
- 1/4 Cup oat Milk
- 1 400g can kidney beans drained
- 1 400g can haricot beans drained
- 1 400g can black beans drained
Spice Mix for the chilli
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp onion granules
- Pinch of salt and pepper.
THE SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 230g sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 9cm length and 1 cm width/height chips
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
Spice mix for the sweet potato fries
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Rosemary dried
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE NAAN OR PITTA BREAD
- 4 Naan or Pitta breads cut into triangles, splashed with a little water
- Choose the Sear/Sauté setting and sauté adding in the oil, the garlic & tomato purée on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Now add in the spice mix for the chilli, 1 Liquid smoke, Blended roasted peppers, tomatoes, Coconut sugar, Cacao Powder,
- Vegetable stock, 1/4 Cup oat Milk and stir. Now add in the beans and stir again.
- Select the pressure cooking setting and set to 10 minutes, place the pressure cooking lid on twist and make sure the valve is in seal mode. Now leave to work it’s magic.
- In the mean time chop your sweet potato into 1cm chips, coat in sweet potato fries spice mix and oil then place on the tall ninja rack then set to one side.
- When the time is up on the pressure cooker function , switch the valve to vent, this is called quick release, I use a spoon for this allow the pressure to release. Once pressure is released remove the lid. Stir the chilli well.
- Now add the tall rack with the sweet potatoes to the ninja foodie whilst the chilli is still on the bottom. Place the lid down and set to grill for 6 minutes. Once the grilling is complete check your sweet potato fries and place down the lid once again setting to air crisp and set to 5 minutes.
- After this time remove the sweet potato fries and place in a bowl.
- If you want to use pitta or vegan naan bread like myself splash with some water then place on the rack you used for the sweet potatoes. Place back in your ninja foodie again with the chilli still in the bottom of the pot and set to air crisp for 2 mins.
- Remove the breads and serve up.
- Serve the chilli with your warm breads and sweet potato fries with some fresh spinach, avocado, coriander, vegan plain yoghurt and avocado.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 22
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican