This is one of my favourite meals, I always make more than I need but that’s no drama as I have it for my lunch the following day. It is so easy to pick up a ready made sauce but once you make this you won’t go back because this too is SO easy and even more satisfying as you have made it yourself. There are so many different versions of this sauce out there, but this is mine and hope you enjoy
It is Plant based, you can add extras in as you wish but honestly this veggie delight won’t disappoint. The great thing with this is you can add what veg you have in the fridge, frozen peas work great too, add these to the noodles whilst cooking then drain together.
Another little tip, get everything prepped, it makes everything nice and tidy and the cooking part so simple and quick.
So Simple, so tasty
- 3 tbsp Tamari ((Sauce))
- 200 ml Coconut milk (use half a can of 400g (Sauce))
- 1 tbsp Date Syrup (Or syrup of choice (Sauce))
- Juice of 1 Lemon ((Sauce))
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter ((Sauce))
- 15 g Fresh Coriander ((Sauce))
- 1 tbsp Tahini ((Sauce))
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 3 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Diced Red Pepper
- 1 Grated carrot (or use a peeler to create long strips)
- 200 g Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Thumb size grated ginger
- 250 g Bean Sprouts
- 1 Courgette (use a peeler to create long thin strips)
- 1 Red Chilli Chopped
- 200g Noodles of choice (I used Whole Wheat)
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander ((Topping))
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds ((Topping))
- Handful Toasted Cashews (Toast in hot pan no oil for 1 min (Topping) )
- Coconut Oil (To cook Veg with)
- First stop, prep your veg then…
Make the sauce my popping all ingredients into a blender, Coconut milk, Almond Butter, Tahini, Tamari, Date Syrup, Lemon Juice, Fresh Coriander , Blend under smooth. Leave to one side.
Get your noodles cooking according to packet instructions.
To a hot pan add 2 tbsp Coconut oil the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic, cook for 3 minutes, then add in the Veg , Pepper , Carrot, Courgette, mushrooms cook for another 3-4 minutes. (add splash of water if anything starts to stick)
To this add your sauce, and drained cooked noodles mix through for on low heat until everything is covered with the sauce.
Serve, add the fresh coriander, sesame seeds, and toasted cashews to the top.