Yummy Meatless balls, and super simple. We have these most weeks, but the great thing about them is that you can use them in so many different ways. My favourite is of course served up with pasta and vegan parmesan, but they can also be served up in salads, Wraps and subs, or to snack on.
These Vegan meatless calls are comforting fulfilling as the meaty kind. This makes a fab supper dish that all the family will love.Print
- 1 Can black beans Drained
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (Use 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa with 1 cup veg stock this will make just a little more that 1 cup cooked, save the rest to eat for a lunch the next day. Cook this in advance or use a packet of quinoa)
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion Chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Fennell seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (tamari or soy sauce also work)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil (plus another 3 tbsp to top)
- 1 Tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil to cook the meatless balls with.
- 400g Spaghetti
- Set the oven to 180C
- Cook the quinoa in veg stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes, set to to one side when cooked.
- At this point cook up you spaghetti per packet instructions, once al dente, drain and rinse through in cold water leave to one side.
- To a baking tray add the beans spreading them out, bake for 10 mins, remove from oven. (oven ok to now turn off)
- Fry the onion & garlic for 5 mins on low heat with some olive oil or water.
- Remove the black beans from the oven (after 10 mins)
- Add the garlic, onion and black beans to a blender and pulse a couple times (try not to over blend as the mixture will become too soft)
- To the pulsed garlic, onion and black beans add in the oregano, nutritional yeast, Fennell seeds, coconut aminos•• , chilli flakes, water, basil, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper, now pulse again a couple times, make sure not too much as we do not want the mixture too soft.
- Now make the balls, scoop 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture out and roll in your hands into a ball, place to one side and keep going until the mixture is all gone. (I get around 15 from the mixture)
- In a large frying pan place oil of choice on medium heat (I use olive oil) pop the meatless balls in the pan. Using a spatula keep turning until the sides are slightly browned, this will take 3-4 minutes.
Now Place in the oven for 20 mins at 180C.
Serve up with your favourite tomato sauce, Check My spicy arrabbiata sauce, the perfect combo for these meatless balls.
- Now drain the pasta through with Boiling water, bringing warmth back into the pasta.
- Build your plate and enjoy, Add some more fresh basil for decoration.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of my vegan parmesan cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: vegan, meatless balls, vegan meatballs